Monday, June 24, 2013

DIY Lilly Pulitzer Bikes & A New Source to Buy Lilly Clothing!

Hello Lilly Friends!

I wanted to share something fun I made, a Lilly Bike for my Minnie! Originally I planned to make myself a Lilly Beach Cruiser (before Lilly Sold Bikes). I had planned to take my bicycle and decoupage it with gift wrap and thankfully I was spared of my efforts when Lilly starting making bicycles! Lilly however doesn't make Minnie Bicycles and as most of you know, my Minnie & I are obsessed with matching, so I set out to make her a bike.

My Lilly Pulitzer Beach Cruiser bike (shown below)

I bought a children's bike and a roll of the Lifeguard Press Lilly Pulitzer Chum Bucket Gift Wrap and used Mod Podge to cover her bike. Before applying the gift wrap and Mod Podge I took apart the bike, tires off, handle grips, pedals, etc, everything I could take off I did. I also removed all of the decals from the bike frame. Then after the decoupaged gift wrap had dried I sprayed the bike with a weatherproof sealant and let it dry and gave it a 2nd coat 24 hours later. Finally, I put pink pedals & handle grips on and added a pink belland wicker basket from Nantucket Baskets. See photos below.

Olivia riding her Lilly bike with our dog Lilly in the basket. (She took her helmet off only for the photo.)


My next project is Lillifying this tandem ride along bike! Time to get out the decoupage & Lilly gift wrap!


As you can see we have 2 wicker bike baskets and we also have 2 Chihuahuas, Lilly & Bella. Once I finish this Lilly project we will take a photo of both of us on this with both dogs in the baskets! Tee-hee! So, if the Lilly Beach Cruiser is not in your budget you can make your own custom Lilly bike or make one for your Minnie!

Enough on the bikes for now......

I wanted to share a NEW SOURCE for Lilly Clothing that I was thrilled to discover! A few years ago I picked up an adorable dress on vacation and thought it looked just like Lilly. One of the few Non-Lilly Pulitzer Brand  dresses in my closet. It is pink & white elephant print, a comfy embroidered knit shift dress. The Brand is Barbara Gerwit. I later found more Barbara Gerwit Tunics and dresses in a few of my favorite shops like C Orrico and since have bought a few more, always thinking, wow this looks just like Lilly! Maybe some of you already knew this but I did not, IT IS LILLY!! Who knew??

Recently my Minnie was selected by Barbara Gerwit Company to model for them! We traveled to Miami where she did a photo shoot outdoors in 90+ degree humid weather, over 2,500 photos taken. While we were there I remarked how much the clothing looks like Lilly and they told us they are Lilly prints, apparently Barbara Gerwit purchased the rights to vintage Lilly Pulitzer prints and uses them to make her gorgeous Vintage line of dresses and tunics for Minnie's & Mom's! Check out their website and my Minnie here: http://barbaragerwit.com/collection/kids-clothing/

Click here (photo credit Barbara Gerwit)

If you love the quality and prints of Vintage Lilly, you will LOVE Barbara Gerwit! My Minnie will be going back and doing another photo shoot for them! So excited that she has started a modeling career and other exciting news, she was recently chosen as a Florida State Finalist in the prestigious NAM- National American Miss Pageant! This is a natural pageant, no make-up, flippers (fake teeth), wigs, etc. allowed! This is a NATURAL Pageant(think opposite of Toddlers & Tiaras). Emphasis is on inner beauty, community service, interview, poise and good grades. 

Olivia will be competing next Month! We are still looking for Sponsors if you are a business that is interested please let me know, we are selling ads for the State Pageant directory, lots of great exposure to thousands of families. We are also hoping to win a contest and use the gift card towards purchasing pageant wear, please give a quick and Easy 1 click vote below to help us out! Please vote by click HERE! This contest ends very soon, 6/25/2013 @ 12:00 pm EST, WE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR VOTE! Super easy, 1 click to help! Thank you so much!



Thank you!
Cheers!

3 comments :

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I've been meaning to ask you about how you did the bike since I saw you mention it on FB. I LOVE that idea!! You're so creative.

And I am totally going to go check out Barbara's designs. How fun!

KK

WiseOle'Owl. said...

You and your daughter are the cover shot on Barbara's website right now! how cute!

pinkkandgreen said...

Olivia is adorable! So happy to see she is loving her new gig. Amazing idea with the bike! I just might have to get crafty this summer... Thanks for a great post!