Wednesday, December 22, 2010

★ Lilly Pulitzer Sold for $60 Million ★

What does everyone think about Lilly Pulitzer being sold for $60 Million? In case you didn't hear you can view the breaking article here: Lilly Pulitzer Sold for $60 Million

Going public has pros and cons. I personally have seen the up and down side when working for a previous employer that was private, went public, then private and was looking to go public again when I left. I think Lilly will be in good hands with Oxford Industries who specializes in lifestyle brands and owns Tommy Bahama and other similar brands. I listened in on the Oxford webcast about the acquisition this afternoon and was happy to hear they plan to open 4-7 new stores per year. Maybe I'll finally have a Lilly store near me! 

 As Lilly lovers we can only hope that Lilly will continue as we know it or get better. I see two companies with a lot of Integrity joining forces and have to remain positive for Lillys sake! Lilly Pulitzer confirmed that The Pink Palace aka Corporate Headquarters will remain in King of Prussia, PA and the next warehouse sale in June is scheduled to go on as usual. Phew! What a relief! I am curious to hear how everyone else is feeling about this news?

On a different note, I wanted to share my appreciation for the growth of Re-Lilly over the past year. Re-Lilly is celebrating a 1 year anniversary on December 26th! In honor of this First Birthday and reaching over 2700 Facebook fans I will be planning another giveaway! Stay tuned for more details. 

I apologize for being MIA lately and will be blogging about what has been keeping me so busy soon. I am thrilled to report that the first Re-Lilly Holiday Gift Exchange has been a huge success! I have received a ton of great feedback and confirmed that all gifts were shipped on time. Pat yourselves on the back for being great Elves! If you participated and have not yet received your gift don't worry, many gifts went out on Monday and all are scheduled to arrive before Christmas.

Cheers!

XOX Sue

No comments :